Science, just Science News

The news items in here are created by the SJS team. Any comments left in here are the sole responsibility of those making the comment and may not reflect the views of the SJS campaign or it's contributors.


June 26, 2006

Allowing religion and science to have a say

The Times
June 26, 2006

Sir, Most faith schools in Britain are either Anglican or Roman Catholic and have no problem with evolution. The schools which do are either the independent evangelical schools or the city academies. Here creationism is taught, often under the cloak of “teaching the controversy” or balancing the two “faith” views of creation and evolution.

Sometimes creationism is smuggled into state schools, often through visiting speakers. That is a great concern as creationism, whether as young earth creationism or intelligent design, can only be described as scientific nonsense. To compound this, most creationist writings are dishonest in their portrayal of “evolution”, also known as “normal biology”, “geology” and “cosmology”. To teach creationism as science is to teach nonsense.

It is timely that scientists have made it clear that creationism is misguided. However, it is a great pity that the churches have so far failed to address the issue. By failing to do so, they also put church schools at risk.

THE REV M. ROBERTS
Cockerham, Lancaster

, , ,

13 Comments:

Blogger Mary Rita Earle said...

Wow, I just ran across your blog while surfing, Chris Hyland, pretty neat! I think you might have some interest in my site. You may find some content of interest.

12:03 pm  
Blogger Rita Earle said...

Wow, I just ran across your blog while surfing, Chris Hyland, pretty neat! I think you might have some interest in my site. You may find some content of interest.

6:47 am  
Blogger Mary Rita Earle said...

Mary Rita Earle here. Great information on Allowing religion and science to have a say. With the information explosion on the Internet, it can be hard to find exactly what you are looking for when searching on work at home. I hope you will find my site work at home just as valuable.

10:33 am  
Blogger Rita Earle said...

Hi Chris Hyland, I was just blog surfing looking for information on recreation and found you! Your post about Allowing religion and science to have a say really got me thinking. I think you might find my recreation related site interesting too.

7:01 am  
Blogger Rita Earle said...

Mary Rita Earle here. Great information on Allowing religion and science to have a say. With the information explosion on the Internet, it can be hard to find exactly what you are looking for when searching on entrepreneur. I hope you will find my site entrepreneur just as valuable.

10:23 am  
Blogger Rita Earle said...

Hi Chris Hyland. I really like what you have done with your blog! Great post you have here with Allowing religion and science to have a say. If you visit finance maybe you will find a bit of finance information that could help you, too.

7:46 am  
Blogger Rita Earle said...

Hi Chris Hyland, I was just blog surfing looking for information on outdoors and found you! Your post about Allowing religion and science to have a say really got me thinking. I think you might find my outdoors related site interesting too.

5:27 am  
Blogger Mary Rita Earle said...

Hi Chris Hyland. I really like what you have done with your blog! Great post you have here with Allowing religion and science to have a say. If you visit resumes maybe you will find a bit of resumes information that could help you, too.

10:00 am  
Blogger Jonh Neo said...

Great Work!!!
this is a good link you can refer Art Collection

12:46 pm  
Blogger Rita Earle said...

Wow, I just ran across your blog while surfing, Chris Hyland, pretty neat! I think you might have some interest in my site. You may find some content of interest.

7:22 am  
Blogger Rita Earle said...

Mary Rita Earle here. Great information on Allowing religion and science to have a say. With the information explosion on the Internet, it can be hard to find exactly what you are looking for when searching on ezines. I hope you will find my site ezines just as valuable.

11:51 am  
Blogger Lifewish said...

Ye gods, that's the worst blog spam I've ever seen

1:48 pm  
Blogger Pastor Yamil Luciano said...

Ha!

12:47 am  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home